Fall Nail polish Picks!

It seems like I just did my spring nail polish picks. And here we are, heading in to fall. I originally planned to do this sort of post for each of the seasons, but I found that I wore the same polishes in summer that I did in spring so it wasn't necessary to make a separate post for Summer. Now, I am bringing you my fall nail polish picks. I pulled these polishes out of my personal nail polish collection. Though, at the end I will share with you a few polishes that are on my wish list for fall.

1. New York Color Plaza Plumberry- I currently have this on my nails and I just love it. The color is a deep wine. A sort of dark purple with red undertones. It's sort of the color of a black berry. It's the perfect vampy shade for fall in my opinion. It's dark enough that it appears black in some light, without the harshness that black nail polish has. The formula is great. It's opaque in two coats, and it only costs 99 cents!

2. New York Color Broadway Burgundy- I really love NYC nail polish. This one is a lovely burgundy color. Burgundy, maroon, raspberry. These are some of my favorite fall colors. And this polish is a dream to work with. It's opaque in one coat. It has a really nice frosty finish. I can't say enough good things about it.

3. Sinful Colors Nirvana- This is one of my favorite nail polishes of all time, not just in the fall, but all year round. It's sort of a taupe-y mushroom color that looks amazing with my skin tone. It's a cream finish, and opaque in two coats. This is another budget polish, at just $1.99

4. Sinful Colors Savage- This is not the dark polish one expects to see in a fall nail polish post. But I just love it. Savage is a teal polish that leans more blue than green, with a matte finish. It's a really pretty color. The only thing I will say about this one is you NEED a base coat because this one stained my nails badly when I used it without. Of course, you should ALWAYS use a base coat anyway, so bad me! Still, this color is to die for. you need this in your collection!

5. Shades of the Season iridescent Glitter polish- Around the holidays last year, I was in CVS with my husband when they were having one of their famous 75% off sales. I came across this set of 10 different glitter polishes for 10 dollars, and this is one of the polishes from the set. It's a gorgeous iridescent glitter top coat. I love layering on top of just about anything because the glitter is just beautiful. This is an unexpected treasure in a really cheap set. I highly suggest you don't turn up your nose to little holiday sets like these. you might just find a treasure like I did!


(NYC Plaza Plumberry, NYC Broadway Burgundy, Sinful Colors Nirvana, Sinful Colors Savage, Shades of the Season Iridescent glitter polish)

6. Elf Metal Madness- This is one of my favorite elf polishes. Unfortunately I didn't buy the full size, so it's just a mini. But I definitely have it on my to buy list in full size once this one is gone. It's a beautiful gunmetal grey with tons of sparkle in it. It's a great polish. It's a pain to apply, because it's got a thicker consistency, but it's so pretty on the nail that I overlook the application issues. Especially since this is another bargain polish. The full size runs you a whopping 2 dollars on eyeslipsface.com Plus, this polish lasts a good 10 days easily on my nails. I love it!

7. Elf Fairy dust- I just got this polish, I have it on my nails now over top of the the NYC Plaza Plumberry and it's gorgeous. It's the only flakie nail polish in my collection, and I just adore the way it looks. The smell is strong and awful, but it's worth it to get that beautiful flakie finish on my nails. I definitely intend to invest in more flakie polishes, but until then, I love this one!

8.Elf Chocolate- this is simply chocolate for your nails. The application is smooth. The color is pretty. This is another nail polish that will stain your nails terribly if you don't use a base coat. But it's a great color. Chocolate brown looks great on my skin tone, and I have a feeling I am going to be reaching for this polish quite often this fall. I love browns!

9. Elf party peach- this is another bright one, but I love orange in the fall. Of course. Fall is all about pumpkins and fall leaves. Orange is like the official color of fall along with brown, right? I especially love this one. It's bright, and beautiful, and applies like a dream. It's got teeny tiny gold shimmers in it that make it look just stunning on the nails. And this is another one that lasts forever on my nails. Elf has really amazing nail polishes.

10. China Glaze Holly-Day- This polish came out with the holiday collections last year. It's a deep pine tree green, and It's a color that I really enjoy wearing in the fall months. Of course, it's a great holiday color as well, but I like wearing it all throughout the fall and winter seasons. It's a nice color against my skin tone. It's a 2 coat polish for me, and has a great cream finish. I really need to invest in more China Glaze polishes. They are a bit more expense than the drugstore brands I tend to gravitate to, but the color selection is amazing!


(Elf Metal Madness, Elf Fairy Dust, Elf chocolate, Elf Party Peach, China Glaze Holly-Day)

11. Wet n Wild wild shine in Blue Moon- this is such a pretty deep blue. It's applies easily and is opaque in one coat. I really like this color! It's another one of those easy go to fall colors, and one I know I will find myself using quite often.

12. Wet n Wild Dast Dry Party of Five Glitters- I tend to rock glitter nail polish a lot more in the fall and winter than I do in the spring and summer. I think because it's just such a pain to\ apply nicely. And then an even bigger pain to get off. But in the fall and winter, I don't seem to mind as much. Maybe because I am indoors more, and not always rushing out to be in the sunshine. Anyway, this is a big chunky glitter top coat. It's got large chunks of silver, Red, Green, blue and turquoise glitter in a clear base. It's a pain to work with and get the glitter distributed evenly, but it makes for an awesome accent nail. I like it a lot.

13. Wet n Wild Fast Dry Gray's Anatomy- This is another one that is a pain to work with. It's not great on it's own, unless you want to pile on about 8 coats, but it's a gorgeous polish to layer on top of other polishes. Especially black. Anyway, this is a gray-purple polish with a green duo chrome. It's quite unique, and gorgeous on the nails. It's supposedly a dupe for the much more expensive Deborah Lippman's Wicked Game, which I couldn't tell you because I don't have that one. Regardless, it's a great polish to have, and worth working with to make it look good!

14. Revlon Gold Coin- I wore this polish a ton in the spring and summer, and I am going to keep right on wearing it into fall. I love this color. It's a gorgeous Gold metallic nail polish. One of my favorite nail polishes of all time. It can be opaque in one coat, but I usually do 2. It lasts a good long time. and it's gorgeous with my skin tone. I highly recommend this nail polish!

15. Revlon Scandalous- I searched long and hard to buy this nail polish last winter, and I was rewarded greatly. They originally released this as Facets of Fuchsia, and I missed out on buying it at that point, despite going to multiple stores in search of it. So when they re-released it under a new name, I had to have it. I really love this nail polish! It's a dupe for Deborah Lippman's Bad Romance. The polish is identical to that one at a fraction of the cost. It's large hexagonal purple glitter in a black jelly base. And it's absolutely beautiful, especially when layered over top of a black polish. It gives this nail polish amazing depth. I wore this for about 3 weeks straight when I first bought it, and I will be wearing it a ton more this season!



(Wet n Wild wildhine Blue Moon, Wet n wild fast Dry Party of Five Glitters, Wet n wild fast Dry Gray's anatomy, Revlon Gold Coin, Revlon Scandalous)


So that wraps up my polish picks for fall, but I do want to share with you a few of the nail polishes that are on my wish list this season.

1. OPI Brisbane Bronze- This nail polish has been out for a while, but I recently saw it on youtube user Chelsea Wears, and I fell in love with it. I MUST purchase it, and soon!

2. Nicole by OPI's Khloe Had a Little Lam Lam- I Hate the Kardashians, I hate this nail polish's name, and I hate the price point, but I need this dark teal polish in my collection!

3. Revlon Midnight affair- This is a beautiful deep dark Navy. I have dark blues in my ollection but nothing quite like this!

4. New York Color Manhattan- I love vampy colors in the fall, and this is a vampy red that I am dying to add to my collection. It's one of their quick dry polishes, and runs about 2 dollars I don't know why I haven't snapped this one up yet

5. magnetic nail polish- I don't have a specific brand or color in mind. I just really want to add some sort of magnetic polish to my collection. These look so awesome!

So that's it! Hope you all enjoyed this post! What is your favorite Fall nail polish color?




No comments:

Post a Comment