Stella McCartney EDP




I only ever use a couple of perfumes as I like to have a "signature" scent, and to be honest find it really hard to find fragrances I love anyway. I detest sweet, cloying perfumes on myself such as Lola or Daisy by Marc Jacobs, Pomegranate Noir by Jo Malone, which my husband hates too, and even my bottle of Chanel Chance Eau Tendre which is sitting collecting dust on the shelf. I do however love fresh and floral simple scents such as Jo Malone French Lime Blossom and Orange Blossom. (Saying that Tom Ford's entire fragrance collection is divine and perfect for evening perfumes).

I am however still in love with Stella McCartney's original Stella Eau de Parfum which I have worn since its release way back in 2003, (crikey thats a looooong time ago.) Anyway the large 50ml bottle was on offer in Boots so I couldn't resist and snapped it up. If you haven't tried this perfume it is just gorgeous, a modern rose scent which blends rose and sensuous amber. With top notes of rose, peony and mandarin essence; middle notes of rose absolute and base notes of amber. The bottle itself is a heavy beautiful purple gradient glass, reminiscent of old vintage bottles and beautifully crafted to look like crystal.
I love rose scented products (see my post on Terry's Baume de Rose here) and this is top of my list. It is light and floral, yet individual. I very rarely smell this on anyone else which is a huge bonus. Love, love, love.

What's your favourite perfume? Let me know if you have any good recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment