Primer Wars

Primers have only really been introduced to me in the last year or so- before that I do not know how we all coped (just a bit of sarcasm there). However, whether you believe the hype and agree that they help your make-up to appear smoother and stay on for longer, it is always nice to try a new product!
I have many primers in my collection, but I have picked four of the main ones to get a variety of prices and finishes.
The four products I have chosen are:
  • Benefit 'POREfessional'
  • MeMeMe 'Seventh Heaven'
  • Technic 'Prime It'
  • Rimmel London 'Fix & Perfect Pro'
First up is Benefit 'POREfessional':
Price: Full Size: £23.50
Size: Full size: 220ml
What the packaging says: 'Quickly minimise the appearance of pores & fine lines for smoother-than-smooth skin! Apply this silky, lightweight balm alone, under or over makeup. Translucent, oil-free formula complements all skintones and helps makeup stay put. Contains a Vitamin E derivative, known to protect skin from free radicals.'
What I think: I absolutely love this product. Not only does it help my make-up stay on for longer and just look fresher, but it also makes my skin feel like silk- no exaggeration there either! It has a slight sheen to it which is lovely when applied to the face as it helps to illuminate the skin. I have a sample size as you can see from the photo, but when I manage to save some money I will be happy to buy the full size. I think it is expensive, as are most Benefit products- but it is certainly worth it.

MeMeMe 'Seventh Heaven':
Price: £15.00
Size: Full size 30ml
What the packaging says: 'Moisturising facebase enriched with Shea Butter, Vitamin A and Beta-Carotene to prep & prime skin.'
What I think: I got this first of all in a Beauty Box so I only have a sample size. However, the full size isn't much bigger to be honest! This is nice to use because it is moisturising too, and the scent is amazing- it smells like citrus which is lovely and fresh.
The product itself, I find feels quite heavy on my face when I first apply it, but it does sink into the skin very well and feels quite natural when it is fully set.
Technics 'Prime It':
Price: £3.00
Size: 33ml
What the packaging says: 'Adds luminosity, brightness and evens out the complexion, minimising imperfections.'
What I think: This is the one I really WANT to love as it is only £3! It isn't bad...but it isn't fantastic. Compared to the others, it smells very fresh and almost like sun cream, which personally I like but it may not be liked by all. It sinks into the skin well but doesn't really feel like it keeps my make-up on for any longer than usual. I do like the packaging, it is quite Benefit like which is good but unfortunately the product doesn't match it.
Rimmel 'Fix & Perfect PRO'
Price: £6.99
Size: 30ml
What the packaging says: 'Unique advanced formula with 5 in 1 results:
Smoothes to minimize pores, resurfaces for an even complexion, brightens skin all day, protects skin from environmental aggressors and mattifies and eliminates shine.
Create your smoothest, most even, poreless complexion!
Foundation glides on more smoothly, more evenly and wears longer.'
What I think: If the POREfessional is a bit too expensive for you, this is definitely the closest dupe I can find! It smells fresh and clean, sinks into skin perfectly, and I get ALMOST the same 'silk like' feeling as I do with the POREfessional.
Plus, considering you only get 30ml of this product, and 220ml of the POREfessional, it isn't cheaper any way!

And the winner is....

Definitely Benefit's POREfessional. An excellent primer all round and leaves my skin feeling super soft and makes me feel a million dollars!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment